Lecturer of Chinese
EDUCATION AND DEGREE(S)
- Ph.D. in Second Language Acquisition, University of Iowa, Iowa City
- M.A. in Course Design and Teaching Theories, Beijing Language and Culture University, Beijing
- B.A. in Teaching Chinese as a Second Language, Beijing Language and Culture University, Beijing
- Chinese as a second language vocabulary and reading acquisition
- Chinese colloquial idioms
- Second langage development
- Intercultural communication
- Study abroad
- Li, Y. (2015). Task-Based Language Teaching of Chinese as a Second Language. Teaching Chinese in International Contexts, 7, 7-24.
Li, Y. (2018). Context and Reading Comprehension of Chinese Colloquial Idioms. In X. Wen & X, Jiang (Eds.). Studies on Learning and Teaching Chinese as a Second Language. New York: Routledge.
Li, Y. (2010). A Study on Strategy Use on Incidental Vocabulary Acquisition of Advanced Heritage and Non-Heritage Chinese Learners. In W. Zhang & H. Xing (Eds.). Chinese Testing, Acquisition and Cognitive Exploration. Paper presented at the First Postgraduate Symposium on Language Testing and Acquisition, Beijing, China: Beijing Language and Culture University Press.
- Li, Y., & Shen, H. (2015). Review of the book 500 Common Chinese Proverbs and Colloquial Expressions: An Annotated Frequency Dictionary, by L. Jiao & B. Stone. The Modern Language Journal, 99(3), 618-619.
- Li, Y. (2015). Review of the book Task-Based Language Learning - Insights from and for L2 Writing, edited by H. Byrnes & R. M. Manchón. Writing and Pedagogy, 8(1), 237-242.
- Department of Asian and Slavic Language and Literature, University of Iowa, 2011-2016
- College of Chinese Language Studies, Beijing Language and Culture University, 2008-2009
- College of Applied Arts and Science, Beijing Union University, 2008-2009